¡Somos Los Jaguares!
Buena Vista is a Full Immersion Spanish Program in grades kindergarten through third. In fourth and fifth grade, students learn in both Spanish and English. We uphold 4J District’s values of excellence, equity, and choice.
Buena Vista is dedicated to academic excellence in a caring and stimulating environment. Our focus is on producing children who are bicultural in English and Spanish.
We subscribe to the mantra of our district by encouraging our students to “Be Safe, Be Repectful and Be Responsible”. These three standards are the foundation of everything we do at our school. We believe a strong educational foundation is the basis for a successful future.
• Commitment to literacy in Spanish and English
• Commitment to cultural awareness and proficiency
• Smartboard and document camera in every classroom
• Access to clickers, 3 COWS (computers on wheels, laptops), digital cameras and iPods in the classroom
• Active parent involvement and outstanding parent organization
• Outstanding Music and PE programs
• Field trips and Science kits utilized to enhance learning
• School expectations and procedures are taught through our Positive Behavior Support (PBS) program
• Fiesta: a celebration of cultures through dance
• Amity International Reading Teachers