School / Room Maintenance Guidelines
It is important that we model and reinforce respect for the physical building, as well as follow good safety practices. All staff should follow the following guidelines:
1. Any vandalism is to be reported to the office immediately so administrators can take appropriate action.
2. The classroom will be maintained with clear pathways and exits at all times, so students can move in and out of the classroom easily and safely.
3. Classroom decorations and posters will be limited to an orderly display, and not cover light switches or exit doors, nor cause a fire hazard.
4. All common area decorations/murals must be approved by the Aesthetics Committee (the head custodian and two representative’s chosen by the staff), except for temporary signs or posters attached with masking tape or staples.
5. No animals are allowed loose in the building, except for during a specific instructional lesson; any animal’s wastes occurring on the premises are to be cleaned up immediately.
6. At the end of the last
period of each school day, all teachers will instruct students to pick up
the room around them, including litter on the floor, and clean desks.