Volunteer Recruitment Procedure
1. Fill out a volunteer request form, which is available in the front office. Our Parent Volunteer Coordinator, will try to recruit through several different avenues: parents, community members, Retired Seniors Volunteer Programs, Voluntary Action Center, LCC, and U of O ESCAPE and practicum students. Requests for volunteers should go to the Volunteer Coordinator.
2. Field Trips: There are special considerations when planning field trips. Please click here to go to the FIELD TRIP page.
3. Orientation: The Volunteer Coordinator will orient the volunteer to the general information about Kelly. The staff person to whom the volunteer is assigned is responsible for orienting and training the volunteer to specific duties.
4. Volunteer sign in: Volunteers must sign in the office each time they come to school. This is the only way we can keep record on the number of volunteers and the hours they contribute, to make sure they are covered by our insurance (SAIF through 4J) while they are here. Volunteers will also be issued a nametag to wear while in the building, which better assures building safety.
5. Recognition: All of us need to feel appreciated,
especially those people who give freely of their time to assist in our school.
The office staff will send thank you notes and organize the annual volunteer
recognition event. Staff using volunteers are encouraged to recognize the
volunteer working with them on a routine basis.