WELCOME STAFF! There is a need for us as a staff to be mutually supportive. We want to develop a community of learners among ourselves, always looking toward continuous improvement. Our Site Council will be responsible for guiding and measuring progress on our school improvement efforts.
Each of us has an important role both as learners ourselves, and as encouragers for our colleagues. We hope to reach out to new information and skill building toward increasingly effective education for all our students, and to learn from our own experiences as we try different strategies.
We know that change takes courage, and trying new ways is sometimes faltering, so remember our key words to success are persistence and humor. We are definitely in this together.
Kelly Middle Schools Vision Statement
“We, the staff, students, and
parents of Kelly Middle Schools are committed to providing all students with
the social and academic skills required to reason, communicate, contribute,
and live cooperatively with respect and dignity in a diverse community.” We
are all committed to preparation for life in an increasingly technological
society and to setting goals for future success.
If an administrator’s door is open, please feel free
to come in to chat. We want to talk to you about ideas, concerns, or things
on your mind, and we like to share stories or indicators of progress. We
need and value your perceptions, and are willing to share ours. If we don’t
know when something’s bothering you, we can’t “fix” it.
Open communication between everyone is a sign of a healthy organization.
Our Staff’s commitments are:
· to collaborative methods of teaching, learning, and communicating,
· to the utilization of a variety of teaching methods designed to reach diverse student learning needs.
· to the development of lessons and activities relevant to students interests, needs, future life skills,
· to the teaching of skills which encourage respect, kindness, safety, and a sense of belonging,
· to the preparation of students to be successful in a technological society, and
· to the involvement of the community in preparing our students for future “real world” challenges.
Our Student’s commitments are:
· to the acquisition of cooperative skills,
· to the assumption of responsibility for their academic success,
· to the demonstration of tolerance, respect, and kindness,
· to the establishment of goals for success in their futures, and
· to active learning of technologies and processes, which will enable them to succeed in an increasingly demanding environment.
Our Parent’s commitments are:
· to active involvement in their children’s academic and social
· to the formation of a partnership to create a successful environment at Kelly Middle Schools, and
· to assist in involving the community in forming alliances which foster further educational opportunities for students.