Parents, the Grade, Gradebook, and Schedule tabs of ParentVue/StudentVue were temporarily shut down for changeover to Tri.2, and will be open again by tonight!
When winter weather arrives, schools may be closed or delayed or buses may use snow routes. These decisions are made by the district early in the morning and are the same for every 4J school.
Snow day notifications: Our school district communicates any decision to change school or bus schedules as quickly as possible in several ways, all well before 6:30 a.m.
- Sign up for text-message alerts via Twitter.
- Check the district website homepage: www.4j.lane.edu
- Follow district social media channels:
- Tune in to local news media
No news = No change. If schools and buses are on their regular schedule, there will NOT be an announcement.
School Closure = No school for students. Decision about afternoon/evening activities will be made by noon.
Two-Hour Delay: School starts two hours late and ends at the usual school dismissal time. If a delay occurs on an early release Friday, school will still be dismissed at the early release time.
Snow Routes: The North Region does not have snow routes!
Parent Choice: Please consider the road conditions in your own area in making your decision about school attendance, and notify the school if your student will be staying home. Parents’ decisions about absences for weather-related safety reasons will be honored.
For more information, please see www.4j.lane.edu/weather.
Clima de invierno: Información de días de nieve
Cuando hay mal tiempo en el invierno, las escuelas pueden cerrar o comenzar tarde y los autobuses pueden utilizar las rutas de nieve. Estas decisiones se toman para el distrito entero y aplican a todas las escuelas de Eugene 4J.
Notificaciones de día de nieve: Nuestro distrito escolar comunicará cualquier cambio de horario de jornada escolar o rutas de autobuses lo mas pronto posible de varias maneras, siempre antes de las 6:30 a.m.
- Regístrese para recibir alertas de mensajes de texto por medio de twitter
- Revise la página web del distrito
- Revise las páginas de red sociales del distrito
- Consulte las estaciones de noticias locales por radio, televisión o internet
- Marque el numero de teléfono de emergencia en español, 541-790-7738
Ninguna notificación = Ningún cambio. Si no hay ningún cambio de horario o de rutas de autobuses, NO habrá ningún anuncio.
Horario de clases:
Cierre de escuela (“Schools Closed”) = Los alumnos no asistirán a la escuela. Decisiones sobre actividades extracurriculares se tomarán antes del mediodía.
Retraso de dos horas (“Two-Hour Delay”): Las clases comenzarán dos horas mas tarde y terminarán a la hora normal en un día escolar regular. Si el retraso ocurre en un viernes, los estudiantes saldrán a la hora de salida temprana.
Rutas de nieve (“Snow Routes”): Madison no tiene ningún ruta de nieve.
Opción de los padres (“Parent Choice”): Por favor considere las condiciones de las carreteras donde vive al tomar la decisión de mandar o no a su estudiante a la escuela. Notifique a la escuela si su estudiante no asistirá a clases. Las decisiones de los padres sobre la ausencia de sus estudiantes por razones de seguridad en el clima inclemente serán respetadas.
Podrá encontrar más información en inglés en el sitio web www.4j.lane.edu/weather.
Reminder: there is no school on Thursday, Friday, or Monday (Nov. 8-12). See you all back at school on Tuesday, Nov. 13!
Parent/teacher conferences (arena style) are coming next week! On Nov. 7, parents can come from 4-8pm (except 5-5:30, when teachers will have a dinner break), to meet with teachers in the large gym. Conferences have a 10 minute time limit, so we can serve more parents. If you feel you have an issue which could take longer, you may schedule a private conference at a later time. Teachers will also be available on Thurs., Nov. 8, from 8:00-noon, and these will be the same (arena style, 10 minute limit), only they will be up in the classroom commons! The following teachers are part time and have limited hours:
- Ms. Bushnell: only available until 7:20pm on Nov. 7, and not on Nov. 8
- Ms. Hinton: available Nov. 7, but on Nov. 8, only available until 10:40
- Ms. Kliever: available Nov. 7, but on Nov. 8, only available until 10:40
- Ms. Coburn: available Nov. 7, but not on Nov. 8
Hey parents, check out the Madison calendar for next week’s Spirit Week info! If you click on the “event” for each day (especially Costume Day), it will give you more info about each day. http://schools.4j.lane.edu/…/studentparent-r…/event-calendar
Monday: Pajama Day- wear your comfiest sleep wear, robes, and slippers (no stuffed animals or blankets, please)!
Tuesday: Crazy Mix-up Day- mismatched clothes, inside out or backwards clothes, crazy hairdos, or all of the above!
Wednesday: Costume Day- make sure you click on this on the calendar to see costume expectations!
Thursday: Twin Day-find friends and twin it up by dressing alike (or triplet or quadruplet it up)!
Friday: Fave Team Day- wear your fave team gear or colors; it can be pro, college, high school, or even your own club or rec team!
The River Walk is this Friday, Oct. 19! We will leave Madison about 9:20, and will return around 12:45. Students should dress in layers, as it will be sunny but chilly. Students can eat school lunch (BBQ’d burgers and hot dogs), or they can bring their own sack lunch. We encourage water bottles, and students may bring their phones. Get those donations in! Click here to donate!
The 4J Parent Leaders Network is a volunteer network connecting parent organization leaders for mutual support. They meet at the District Office at 200 North Monroe Street; space and refreshments are provided by Eugene School District 4J. This year’s meetings will be convened by Heather Sielicki (Camas Ridge Parent) and Rita Gillihan (Yujin Gakuen Parent) on 10/3, 12/3, 2/4, and 4/15 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. You are invited to participate with the parent leaders at your school.
2018-2019 Meeting Schedule
- October 3rd: Back to school; policies and procedures that apply to parent groups, working with the Eugene Education Foundation, and communication best practices.
- December 3rd: Understanding K-12 Funding in Oregon 101; working with the School Board, programs and ideas for raising additional funds for your school community.
- February 4th: Community involvement; best practices to support the involvement of parents and families in the education of their children, how to get your neighborhood connected with your school.
- April 15: Advocacy; enhance your ability to impact educational opportunities and social change, mobilize volunteers and recruit future parent leaders.
For more information, please visit https://parentleadersnetwork.org. To add your parent leaders to the email list for meeting reminders and announcement, please email their contact information to email@example.com. Thank you for your support.