The 4J Parent Leaders Network is a volunteer network connecting parent organization leaders for mutual support. They meet at the District Office at 200 North Monroe Street; space and refreshments are provided by Eugene School District 4J. This year’s meetings will be convened by Heather Sielicki (Camas Ridge Parent) and Rita Gillihan (Yujin Gakuen Parent) on 10/3, 12/3, 2/4, and 4/15 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. You are invited to participate with the parent leaders at your school.
2018-2019 Meeting Schedule
- October 3rd: Back to school; policies and procedures that apply to parent groups, working with the Eugene Education Foundation, and communication best practices.
- December 3rd: Understanding K-12 Funding in Oregon 101; working with the School Board, programs and ideas for raising additional funds for your school community.
- February 4th: Community involvement; best practices to support the involvement of parents and families in the education of their children, how to get your neighborhood connected with your school.
- April 15: Advocacy; enhance your ability to impact educational opportunities and social change, mobilize volunteers and recruit future parent leaders.
For more information, please visit https://parentleadersnetwork.org. To add your parent leaders to the email list for meeting reminders and announcement, please email their contact information to email@example.com. Thank you for your support.
The 2018/2019 Student Parent Handbook has arrived and will be passed out to all students next week! Parents, please scan through it with your student, as there is lots of helpful info in it. 18-19 STUDENT PARENT HANDBOOK
- Go into SchoolPay and create your family account. You should do this even if you are not using debit/credit to pay. This will allow you to track any purchases that you (or someone else) makes for your student. Note: almost all 4J schools are now using SchoolPay, so if you have students in multiple schools, you will only have to create an account once, for all your students!
- Fee and Schedule Night is almost here, on Tuesday, Sept. 4, with 6th graders from 4-5:30, and 7th/8th graders from 5:30-7. Pay fees, get schedules and info, eat ice cream…see you there!
- If you have a 7th or 8th grader who is new to Madison this year, there will be an orientation just for them, on Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 2:00pm!
- We can’t wait to see you all…woohoo!!!
Due to a miscommunication from Nutrition Services, the newsletter says there will be no free breakfast for all students this year. Newsflash: there WILL be free breakfast for ALL Madison students this year…woohoo!!
Here it is folks, for your reading pleasure: BTS 2018
A hard copy will still be mailed out in a week or two, and there will be a couple minor additions, so don’t forget to scan through it when you receive it in the mail! Note: if you hover over pictures and “blue” words, there are lots of links that will take you directly to important pages!
Our new payment system is up and running! Click on this link, and set up your account by clicking on “Create an Account”. If you enter your debit or credit card info (this is a highly protected safe site), you will be able to pay for anything, at any time, including any fees, yearbooks, activity cards, PE shirts, field trips, track, etc. You will even be able to make River Walk donations and “sign” field trip permission forms!
If you prefer to pay in person, we will still have our usual Fee & Schedule Night, but the payment lines may look a bit different and should be easier (and hopefully quicker) to get through! You can also pay online beforehand and then come on down to get schedules, check out your lockers (6th graders only), pick up important forms, and have some ice cream! This year’s Fee & Schedule Night will take place on one day only, Tuesday, Sept. 4, with 6th graders coming from 4:00-5:30, and 7th/8th graders coming from 5:30-7:00.